Sign in to follow this  
bk360

Music Albums!

5 posts in this topic

So I listen to a ton of music! Especially at work! All genres but I'm not familiar with band names when it comes to Metal and all its sub-genres.
I've been listening to some experimental type music lately like.. 

Death Grips - Heard of them awhile ago but figured i'd add it to the 'experimental' section
Jack White - Awesome album! 
The Voidz- friend recommended giving these guys a listen since I liked Jack White!

Have you guys ever heard any experimental music like this? Or something crazy like Drone music

I've personally never heard of such music. Pretty interesting genre (if that's the appropriate term). Here is a song I've been obsessed with lately:

I've listened to few of their albums! You might like Cage the Elephant if you like these guys! or maybe Cold War Kids. 

I love the funk they have!

Lost interest in Death Grips when their fanbase became mostly 13-15yr olds and got too obnoxious. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of Bottomless Pit. Gov't Plates, NLDW and TMS were good albums though.

If experimental is up your alley, maybe get into hardvapor. Huge genre of music, lots of my fave artists do it. HKE, notably. Used to talk to him on the regular actually, own lots of his albums and his unreleased tracks.

Dark Ambient is also really good, especially if you're just looking for something atmospheric while studying or concentrating or whatever. Love The Killamonjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, or Mt Fuji Doomjazz Ensemble. Actually, lots of jazz subgenres have experimental vibes to them, because, well, it basically was experimental music for most of its existence, just with lots of predominant blues motives. Marcel the Drunkard is a really good Youtube channel, if you want to get into the world of obscure jazz records.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:37 PM, Lain said:

Lost interest in Death Grips when their fanbase became mostly 13-15yr olds and got too obnoxious. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of Bottomless Pit. Gov't Plates, NLDW and TMS were good albums though.

If experimental is up your alley, maybe get into hardvapor. Huge genre of music, lots of my fave artists do it. HKE, notably. Used to talk to him on the regular actually, own lots of his albums and his unreleased tracks.

Dark Ambient is also really good, especially if you're just looking for something atmospheric while studying or concentrating or whatever. Love The Killamonjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, or Mt Fuji Doomjazz Ensemble. Actually, lots of jazz subgenres have experimental vibes to them, because, well, it basically was experimental music for most of its existence, just with lots of predominant blues motives. Marcel the Drunkard is a really good Youtube channel, if you want to get into the world of obscure jazz records.

Thanks for the input now:D I have some new artists to listen to lol and I'm more into hip-hop/rap tbh but I really listen to anything! I;ve been trying to get into metal but I just don't understand the interest/hype