David

Twitter Bug

3 posts in this topic

Just yesterday, users were notified about the impact of their twitter accounts having their security measures possibly impacted. Users were requested to change passwords due to a bug found by Twitter. Attached is a screenshot of the email users received.

How do you feel? Do you think this recent discovery was abused and could be leaked?5EC4A564-780F-43EE-B773-46575F216602.thumb.jpeg.d55ae79694843bada6905f6157f2b1ac.jpeg

If it got abused in any case, there's like a 99.99% chance it would have been done by an employee, or at the very least leaked, so it would be really easy to narrow down who had access to the log, and proper measures would have been handed out to deal with the issue. So nah, don't think it could have been abused.

I personally don't really use twitter, so I can't be bothered about it, but I do really appreciate the fact that they acknowledged the bug publicly, dealt with it, fixed it, and deleted any sensitive information. Maybe a different blue-themed social network could learn something from it...

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2018 at 9:30 PM, Lain said:

If it got abused in any case, there's like a 99.99% chance it would have been done by an employee, or at the very least leaked, so it would be really easy to narrow down who had access to the log, and proper measures would have been handed out to deal with the issue. So nah, don't think it could have been abused.

I personally don't really use twitter, so I can't be bothered about it, but I do really appreciate the fact that they acknowledged the bug publicly, dealt with it, fixed it, and deleted any sensitive information. Maybe a different blue-themed social network could learn something from it...

I am always using Twitter as it seems to be the best way to keep up to date on some of my most important security bloggers and other consumer content.